Membership Nominations and Examinations
Candidates who are interested in becoming Members of our Association are asked to review the information on this page and download and complete the Membership Application form using one of the links below.
Completed forms should be emailed to the Association’s Secretary, Jonathan Spencer, at
The prerequisite qualifications for the various classes of Membership are identified in Article III of the Association’s By-Laws. The available categories of membership and their eligibility requirements are described in Article III of our By-Laws. Download By-Laws here
Deadlines for the submission of nominations for each membership class, and their respective examination dates, are as follows:
- All nominations for Full membership must be received no later than May 31, 2024.
- The examination of eligible candidates for Full membership is tentatively scheduled for September 5 and 6, 2024.
Marine Hull Claims Professional Member:
- All nominations for Marine Hull Claims Professional membership must be received no later than May 31, 2024.
- The examination of eligible candidates for Marine Hull Claims Professional membership is tentatively scheduled for September 6, 2024.
- A study syllabus can is available. Download study syllabus here
- All nominations for Resident or Foreign Associate membership must be received no later than September 16, 2024. Such memberships are not subject to examination.